2020 is finally upon us and a new year and decade means new goals.
Unlike the previous uncompleted new year resolutions, this year will be different.
We will achieve what we said we will, once we stay focused.
I created this infographic to encourage you to stay focused on what you want.
- Set clear goals
- Whatever your goal is, it has to be clearly defined. You need to know the exact outcome of what you want.
- Ensure your goals are S.M.A.R.T
- S.M.A.R.T goals are : Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Sensitive
- Specific: What exactly do I want to accomplish?
- Measurable: How will I know when I have completed it?
How can I track my progress?
- Attainable:Is it attainable? Can I achieve it with the resources I have?
- Relevant: Is this goal important to me? What will completing it do for me? Is now the right time to do it?
- Time Sensitive: When do I want to completion date?
- Example of a bad smart goal:
- I want to become a better saver this year
- Example of good smart goals:
- I want to save £3000 by December so I will save £250 every month
- Write your goals down
- This will act as a reminder and help you concentrate
- Research the actions required to achieve what you want
- Split the actions into smaller tasks
- This will make it seem less daunting and give yourself dates to complete it by.
- Plan and prioritize your time wisely.
- Use a vision board to help visualize your success.
- A vision board is a collection of images and texts that are related to what YOU want in life. You can create a vision board for each specific goal or for a collection of goals.
- Execute your plan
- Do what you said you would.
- Regularly review your progress to check if you are still on track
- Stay motivated
- Don’t give up!
Another outstanding piece.
Thanks for helping us to focus on what we to accomplish in 2017
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it 😊