2017 is finally upon us and a new year means new goals. Unlike the previous uncompleted new year resolutions, this year will be different.
We will achieve what we said we will, once we stay focused.
I created this infographic to encourage you to stay focused on what you want.
- Set clear goals
- Whatever your goal is, it has to be clearly defined. You need to know the exact outcome of what you want.
- Ensure your goals are S.M.A.R.T
- S.M.A.R.T goals are : Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Sensitive
- Specific: What exactly do I want to accomplish?
- Measurable: How will I know when I have completed it?
How can I track my progress?
- Attainable:Is it attainable? Can I achieve it with the resources I have?
- Relevant: Is this goal important to me? What will completing it do for me? Is now the right time to do it?
- Time Sensitive: When do I want to completion date?
- Example of a bad smart goal:
- I want to become a better saver this year
- Example of good smart goals:
- I want to save £3000 by December so I will save £250 every month
- Write your goals down
- This will act as a reminder and help you concentrate
- Research the actions required to achieve what you want
- Split the actions into smaller tasks
- This will make it seem less daunting and give yourself dates to complete it by.
- Plan and prioritize your time wisely.
- Use a vision board to help visualize your success.
- A vision board is a collection of images and texts that are related to what YOU want in life. You can create a vision board for each specific goal or for a collection of goals.
- Execute your plan
- Do what you said you would.
- Regularly review your progress to check if you are still on track
- Stay motivated
- Don’t give up!
Thank you for reading. If you like this post and want to receive more like it please click the follow button on the right-hand side of your screen.