Procrastination is a thief of time and quality. When you procrastinate you rob yourself of the chance to produce things to the highest standard and give yourself a greater chance of failure.
Avoiding doing a task doesn’t mean it will go away, it just gives you more stress and less time to do it. A lot of people, myself included procrastinate to the point where they’re disappointed at the time (hours, days, months sometimes even years) they’ve wasted because they avoided a task by putting other things & people first. Avoid doing this because you’ll only blame yourself when things aren’t done and you lament over the lost.
How to stop procrastinating:
- Make to-do lists and set deadlines
- Remind yourself this task will not go away
- Put your phone on flight mode and delete apps from your phone (I do this when I have a ton of stuff to do and I genuinely don’t want to speak to anyone)
- Remember time is of the essence and there is no time better than now to start doing things. Life never stops there’s always something else being thrown at you
- What will the consequences be if this task is not completed.
- Do things in small steps because big tasks are overwhelming.
- Tell people what you have to do, it will make you more accountable because others will know and pester you if you have not finished.
- I like to finish the harder tasks first or at least early on as this makes me feel productive. This minimizes my stress levels so that if I do end up procrastinating, I will only have a small chunk left.
I really need this right now with my thesis and all. Thank you!
It’s perfect for exam season !
Knowledge is power and it goes without saying, that your website is insightful and empowering. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much, the plan is to provide everyone who reads my post with the tools to be the best possible person they can be 😊💖
Brilliant piece of writing will spun me on to do more.
Just finished reading your latest post and had to subscribe 😊 Your website helps readers to be proactive and positive – love it! Thank you!
Awww thanks Han, glad you love it 💖